If you are delayed you may be entitled to compensation
We always aim to provide a punctual service. However delays do sometimes happen, and that can be inconvenient for you.
Our Delay Repay scheme helps you claim compensation if you’ve been delayed for 30 minutes or more.
How much are you entitled to?
The compensation depends on the length of the delay, and the type of ticket that you have.
- If you are delayed for 30-59 minutes you are entitled to 50% of the cost of your single ticket, or 50% of the cost of either the outward or return portion of your return ticket as appropriate.
- If you are delayed for over one hour you are entitled to the full cost of your single ticket or 100% either portion of your return ticket.
- If you have a weekly ticket or a season ticket, your compensation will be based on the daily cost of that ticket.
- We’ll also provide extra compensation for season ticket holders if your journey is disrupted for more than 12 days out of the 20 working days in each 28-day period that your ticket is valid for.
- If we have introduced an emergency timetable, compensation will be based on that timetable.
How will you receive compensation?
We will pay compensation as National Rail Travel Vouchers or by cheque. Our online and paper forms, as well as the downloadable format enable you to select how you would like to receive compensation. Please tick the appropriate box. National Rail Travel Vouchers are valid for 12 months and can be used to buy tickets from any National Rail company.
If you have a Season Direct account, we will pay your compensation into it.
How do you make a claim?
- You must make your claim within 28 days of the delay
- You can pick up a claim form at staffed stations, from staff on trains, or by printing off a PDF version of the delay repay form.
Post the completed form to us at:
Abellio Greater Anglia Contact Centre
Norwich Railway Station
- If you have an annual or monthly season ticket you can claim by completing our online form.
- If you have a mobile ticket, please obtain a Delay Repay form from any staffed station or from our Website and be sure to include your ticket reference number for us to verify your ticket purchase.
- We’ll not normally accept a claim if you were told in advance of your journey that there would be a delay.
When making a claim please note that:
- Sending us a claim form does not guarantee that you will get compensation, and it does not affect your legal rights
- These rights are set out in the National Rail Conditions of Carriage
- You must take care when completing the claim form. Abellio Greater Anglia has an established monitoring system for checking information provided to validate a claim
- Your application form should reach us within 28 days of the date of the incident
- We aim to respond within 15 days
If you have any questions about the Delay Repay scheme, contact our Abellio Greater Anglia Contact Centre through this website, or telephone us on 0345 600 7245.