Off-Peak and Super Off-Peak Day Travelcard terms and conditions
Off-Peak and Super Off-Peak Day Travelcards are now only issued to cover a minimum of Zones 1-6. They are valid for unlimited travel as follows:
- on National Rail train services (but not Heathrow Express or on Heathrow Connect between Hayes & Harlington and Heathrow, also not on South Eastern High Speed services between London St Pancras and Stratford International and beyond)
- London Underground services within Zones 1-6 or any other zones as shown on the ticket
- Docklands Light Railway (DLR) services
- across the London bus network, including sections outside Greater London (for example the no. 498 to Brentwood), but not on coach services, sightseeing tours and certain non-TfL bus services on the outer edge of London. These generally travel to a destination outside Greater London. Any day or period Travelcard is valid on any London bus service irrespective of the zones shown on the ticket.
- on London Tramlink (Beckenham/New Addington - Croydon - Wimbledon)
- on scheduled Riverboat services by showing a valid Travelcard, holders receive a 1/3 discount.
- Travelcard holders also receive a discount on the Emirates Air Line (the cable car which runs between Royal Victoria and North Greenwich).
- Child prices apply to all children aged 5 - 15 years inclusive.
- Up to two accompanied children under the age of 5 years can travel free on National Rail train services.
On London Underground, Docklands Light Railway and London Overground services:
- all accompanied children under the age of 5 years can travel free at all times.
- up to 4 children aged 5 and under 11 can travel free at all times when accompanied by an adult with a valid Off-Peak or Super Off-Peak Day Travelcard or other valid ticket.
- all children aged 5 and under 11 can travel free without an accompanying adult if they hold a valid 5-10 Oyster photocard.
On London Buses and London Tramlink:
- Anyone under the age of 11 years, holders of ’11-15’ Oyster photocards, and ‘16+’ Oyster photocard holders who are a resident of London and are in full-time education can travel free of charge
In-boundary (from stations within London Fare Zones 1-6)
- Off-Peak Day Travelcards are valid for unlimited travel from 0930 Mondays to Fridays, (0001 Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays) on the day for which the ticket is dated and until 0429 on the following day.
- The Child flat fare is £3.60 (accompanied or unaccompanied).
- Railcard discounts apply subject to a minimum adult fare of £5.90. Please check the appropriate Railcard leaflet for full details including travel availability of discounted tickets. Up to four accompanied children can travel with the holder of a Friends and Family, H.M. Forces, Annual Gold Card or Network Railcard for a flat fare of £2.00 each. Children accompanying other Railcard holders pay the normal Child flat fare.
Out-boundary (from stations outside London Fare Zones 1-6)
- Off-Peak Day Travelcards are valid on Mondays to Fridays on any train scheduled to arrive at London Liverpool Street after 1000 Mondays and are valid to return on any train. The only exception is when returning to stations north of Ipswich (inclusive), they are not valid on trains scheduled to leave Liverpool Street between 1629 and 1834. This restriction does not apply during school holidays, including half-term weeks. There are no morning or evening time restrictions on Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays.
- Super Off-Peak Day Travelcards are valid on Mondays to Fridays on any train scheduled to arrive at London Liverpool Street after 1200. They are not valid to return from London on trains scheduled to leave Liverpool Street between 1559 and 1901. On Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays no time restrictions apply.
- Within the London Fare Zones, Off-Peak and Super Off-Peak Day Travelcards are valid on the day for which the ticket is dated, without evening restrictions, and until 0429 on the following day.
- The validity of the Off-Peak and Super Off-Peak Day Travelcard ends on completion of the return journey to the originating station.
- The outward and return journey between the originating station and the first station call within London Fare Zones 1-6 must be made on Abellio Greater Anglia services where tickets are specifically routed as such (this currently only applies to One Day Travelcards from Cambridge routed "Abellio Greater Anglia Trains only").